The Marriage Application and License fee is $35.00. The parties to be married and one witness must be at least 18 years of age and must appear in person between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. All parties must show a valid government photo ID. Alternatively, you may mail a completed application that has been notarized to us.
- All signatures must be notarized (Party A, Party B and the witness — a competent and disinterested person). Please have all signatures notarized prior to turning in the marriage application if the marriage application is completed outside of the Recorder's Office.
- All parties (wedding couple and one witness that knows the wedding couple) need to be at least 18 years old and have a valid state-issued ID such as a driver's license
- After the day of application acceptance, there is a four-calendar-day wait after the date of application before you can pick it up to get married
- We will hold it up to six months in our office
- Include phone numbers with the application
- If you apply for a marriage license in Iowa, you must get married in Iowa
If you do not have a valid driver's license or ID, please provide alternative identification. View Identity Documents for acceptable forms of alternative IDs.
There is a three (3) day waiting period before the actual marriage may occur.
|Date of Application||Valid Date of Certificate|
Please call 641-394-2336 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to have an application sent to you.